Vape Dojo Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kanger Protank

4 posters

Go down

Kanger Protank Empty Kanger Protank

Post  VapeMasterSupreme Sat May 04, 2013 8:18 am

So last night I got a little bored and decided to rebuild the kanger protank head, which actually was fairly easy!! If anyone cares to know how, and has the silica and wire, I can post a how to also I suppose. Very Happy
VapeMasterSupreme
VapeMasterSupreme
Admin

Back to top Go down

Kanger Protank Empty Re: Kanger Protank

Post  HeliCloud Sat May 04, 2013 3:51 pm

I was actually thinking about doing this myself. I saw a video on youtube of a guy rebuilding the head of a vivi nova. He even used a SS wick. Was thinking of trying it with the pro tank. Do you think it would work with a SS wick? I am thinking that it may leak. I may just cut some silica off an old vivi head to use. I prolly will soon as my 2 stock heads are getting to the end of their life I believe.

HeliCloud

Back to top Go down

Post  VapeMasterSupreme Sat May 04, 2013 4:06 pm

Yea you could actually take SS and wrap it around some silica and make your coil around that, I`v seen it work but havnt tryed it yet. Thats tonight since another one of my heads is bad.. Ill update this when I do.
VapeMasterSupreme
VapeMasterSupreme
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  VapeMasterSupreme Sat May 04, 2013 4:14 pm

I ordered some ribbon kanthal yesterday so I might just wait for that to come in and rebuild it. I cant wait to use it on my genesis!!
VapeMasterSupreme
VapeMasterSupreme
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  HeliCloud Sat May 04, 2013 4:33 pm

I may just give that a shot then tomorrow when I have some time thanks.

HeliCloud

Back to top Go down

Post  VapeMasterSupreme Sat May 04, 2013 4:41 pm

No problem! Cool
VapeMasterSupreme
VapeMasterSupreme
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Vaporstance Thu May 16, 2013 6:15 am

Pbusardo has a great video on rebuilding certain atomizers including the vivi nova and it isnt too much different from building a protank or similar tank setups. I personally love tanks like this. I save so much money from buying new heads and on shipping as well. Although I only use these style tanks for on the go to keep me satisfied. My on the go set up is much different from my desk/couch vape.

Vaporstance
Vaporstance

http://www.bronsononson.com

Back to top Go down

Post  HeliCloud Thu May 16, 2013 6:50 pm

That pbusardo video is very good. It is pretty short (well at least for him) and he explains things very well. Rebuilding the protank really is very similar to rebuilding the viv nova tank . Here is a very good video though on how to rebuild evod heads which are the same as the pro tank essentially. I also purchased some wick and wire from that guy on ebay and it was very well priced and he shipped very fast.

I was getting into the rebuildable genesis style tanks but it seems I fart with them more than vape. Seems I can only vape about 1 or 2 tanks before things get foul. The genesis tank was my plan for the home/couch vape but I just can't seem to keep it consistent. This protank has become my travel and home/couch vape lately especially since I figured out how to rebuild them with ease. Not gonna give up on the genesis when it works it works so so well. But, sheesh so much farting with it when I need a vape gets annoying.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtS1xyoCME8

HeliCloud

Back to top Go down

Post  VapeMasterSupreme Thu May 16, 2013 8:03 pm

Helicloud!! Two words SS CABLE!!! Amazing!!!
VapeMasterSupreme
VapeMasterSupreme
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  HeliCloud Thu May 16, 2013 8:23 pm

VapeMasterSupreme wrote:Helicloud!! Two words SS CABLE!!! Amazing!!!

Funny I actually seen a pbusardo video recently where he was doing wicking comparisons. Cable was one of the wicks he had and I was like WTF What a Face Do you have a link to said cable you are using vapemaster dood? Razz

HeliCloud

Back to top Go down

Post  VapeMasterSupreme Thu May 16, 2013 8:30 pm

yep here ya go bud

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150588922866?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
VapeMasterSupreme
VapeMasterSupreme
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Vaporstance Fri May 17, 2013 2:33 am

HeliCloud wrote:That pbusardo video is very good. It is pretty short (well at least for him) and he explains things very well. Rebuilding the protank really is very similar to rebuilding the viv nova tank . Here is a very good video though on how to rebuild evod heads which are the same as the pro tank essentially. I also purchased some wick and wire from that guy on ebay and it was very well priced and he shipped very fast.

I was getting into the rebuildable genesis style tanks but it seems I fart with them more than vape. Seems I can only vape about 1 or 2 tanks before things get foul. The genesis tank was my plan for the home/couch vape but I just can't seem to keep it consistent. This protank has become my travel and home/couch vape lately especially since I figured out how to rebuild them with ease. Not gonna give up on the genesis when it works it works so so well. But, sheesh so much farting with it when I need a vape gets annoying.

No need to buy kanthal and mesh or silica from online retailers. There are other vape stores in the area that carry parts for rebuildables. check out vaporbitch.com they are located on Ftsmallwood in Pasadena
Vaporstance
Vaporstance

Back to top Go down

Post  HeliCloud Fri May 17, 2013 5:45 am

VapeMasterSupreme wrote:yep here ya go bud

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150588922866?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Thanks man! cheers

HeliCloud

Back to top Go down

Post  HeliCloud Fri May 17, 2013 5:49 am

Vaporstance wrote:
HeliCloud wrote:That pbusardo video is very good. It is pretty short (well at least for him) and he explains things very well. Rebuilding the protank really is very similar to rebuilding the viv nova tank . Here is a very good video though on how to rebuild evod heads which are the same as the pro tank essentially. I also purchased some wick and wire from that guy on ebay and it was very well priced and he shipped very fast.

No need to buy kanthal and mesh or silica from online retailers. There are other vape stores in the area that carry parts for rebuildables. check out vaporbitch.com they are located on Ftsmallwood in Pasadena

I have been to Vapors knoll as I actually live closer to them than the Dojo and was not impressed. They were out of everything. In all fairness though that could have had a lot to do with the chinese new year because that is when I went.

Oh and I don't buy wick and wire from retailers. I use an ebay vendor. I just got an order of 9ft 1mm silica wick and 100ft of 32g kanthal for about $13 bucks shipped.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281085455034?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

HeliCloud

Back to top Go down

Post  Vaporstance Fri May 17, 2013 6:04 am

HeliCloud wrote:
Vaporstance wrote:

I have been to Vapors knoll as I actually live closer to them than the Dojo and was not impressed. They were out of everything. In all fairness though that could have had a lot to do with the chinese new year because that is when I went.

Oh and I don't buy wick and wire from retailers. I use an ebay vendor. I just got an order of 9ft 1mm silica wick and 100ft of 32g kanthal for about $13 bucks shipped.

I perfer to buy in bulk as well. Pricedumper has 250ft of 32g for $12-13 last I checked. Alot of the deals on there is free shipping as well.
Vaporstance
Vaporstance

Back to top Go down

Post  VapeMasterSupreme Fri May 17, 2013 7:34 am

Tempco makes kanthal 100ft $4.00 on ebay
VapeMasterSupreme
VapeMasterSupreme
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  VapeMasterSupreme Fri May 17, 2013 10:29 am

recently went to walmart, picked up some peaches and cream cotton yarn 100% organic real cotton btw. Boiled it twice for a half hour each and let it dry over night. 200 Yards or something like that for $1.77 and I like it better than silica. This stuff can not be dry burned AT ALL or it will burn right thru the cotton and taste like booty.... But yea its also a nice alternative to silica. Wink
VapeMasterSupreme
VapeMasterSupreme
Admin

Back to top Go down

Kanger Protank Empty Rebuild?

Post  Santiago01754 Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:31 am

I have no idea why someone would want to rebuild a Kanger Protank. You can get Kanger ProTank Replacement heads (5-pack) for 8 bucks. What's to rebuild? Slap in a new head and vape away. I bought 4 of these tanks and 15 extra heads and think I'm covered for life. The Protank is a well built piece of equipment and I love them.
Santiago01754
Santiago01754

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down