Vape Dojo Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vamo Question

3 posters

Go down

Vamo Question Empty Vamo Question

Post  HeliCloud Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:06 pm

Hi guys just a quick question. I got a vamo from you guys a few weeks ago and I just picked up a genesis style tank. Can you tell me if the vamo has short circuit protection? Trying to make my first coil but I don't want to put it on my new device until I am sure it won't blow it up if I screw up. Thanks for any advice you can give!

HeliCloud

Back to top Go down

Vamo Question Empty Re: Vamo Question

Post  zenisan Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:22 am

its good to go, I've got a rba on mine as well. make sure it has the gold battery spring just as an extra step. start on low voltage, and make sure the wick is wet. if the wick isn't wet you'll pop the coil real quick. good luck.

zenisan

Back to top Go down

Vamo Question Empty Questions

Post  VapeMasterSupreme Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:11 pm

Helicloud- Do you still have any quesitons about youre vamo?
VapeMasterSupreme
VapeMasterSupreme
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  HeliCloud Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:11 pm

Hi Guys and thanks for the replies! I have since then figured things out though and after drilling out the wick hole and air hole in my AGA T+ I am loving this thing. I now use exclusively my mini dojo novas and kanger pro tank during the day while at work. But, as soon as I get home I am using the RBA tank. I had a few problems at first with getting a coil with enough resistance to fire on the vamo. I kept getting the low warning at first. But, after MANY tries I finally wrapped a coil either 5 or 6 times can't remember exactly but it reads 1.9ohms on my vamo and vapes like a champ! I would love to see the dojo start carrying RBAs and supplies.

Thanks again guys and happy vaping!

HeliCloud

Back to top Go down

Post  VapeMasterSupreme Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:05 pm

Hello Helicloud, we have two part time very experienced vapers working on weekends now. Which is myself Josh and an other guy named Chris, we have alot of experience rebuilding coils, weather it be SS Mesh or Silica. If you ever have any questions about RBAs just give us a shout. cheers

Last edited by VapeMasterSupreme on Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I suck at spellinggggggggggggg)
VapeMasterSupreme
VapeMasterSupreme
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  HeliCloud Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:09 pm

VapeMasterSupreme wrote:Hello Helicloud, we have two part time very experienced vapers working on weekends now. Which is myself Josh and an other guy named Chris, we have alot of experience rebuilding coils, weather it be SS Mesh or Silica. If you ever have any questions about RBAs just give us a shout. cheers

Hi josh and thanks! I will definitely ask for help if needed you guys are running a great shop there. Do you guys plan on carrying rba's or supplies in the future?

HeliCloud

Back to top Go down

Post  VapeMasterSupreme Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:12 pm

Yes actually we are getting the RSSTs in very soon, which is a very awesome beginner RBA, I have a little trick also with that RBA and no oxidizing the wick either, and it fires like a champ!
VapeMasterSupreme
VapeMasterSupreme
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  HeliCloud Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:15 pm

That is awesome! After watching pbusardo's video on the rsst I am very interested. Put me on the list I will be getting one as soon as they are in stock lol.

Happy vaping! Very Happy

HeliCloud

Back to top Go down

Post  VapeMasterSupreme Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:28 pm

Vamo Question Photo11

Heres a Pic of my AGA right now on the groove.. Razz
VapeMasterSupreme
VapeMasterSupreme
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  HeliCloud Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:40 pm

Very cool! Here is a pic of mine. With my heli in the background haha hence the name helicloud. Mine is actually starting to taste harsh now all of the sudden and I can't figure out why confused I have not changed anything. Is it time to take it apart and rebuild? I have only had this coil around 2 weeks. Sorry for the pic best I could get my phone to take. Thanks!

Vamo Question 2013-011

HeliCloud

Back to top Go down

Post  VapeMasterSupreme Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:20 pm

Yea I see alot of carbine build up on the coils, try dry firing and working off some of that crud with a pik or something pointy and blow it away. Does it taste like a hot spot or just dirty?
VapeMasterSupreme
VapeMasterSupreme
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  HeliCloud Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:28 pm

Hey man thanks for the fast reply! It is sort of hard to explain for me because I am a newb. But, I don't think it is a hot spot. It is not like it tastes really bad like a hot spot does it is just very harsh. Taste isn't terrible but burns the throat. Sorry not sure how else to explain. So here is a question for ya Josh. You say dry burn it for a minute and scrape some crud off. How is the best way to go about this? I am guessing I have to empty the tank? If so is it ok to empty the old juice into it's original bottle? It is AiV juice I got from you guys and I am sort of poor and don't want to waste it lol. Or is the juice just contaminated now and gonna taste like doo?

HeliCloud

Back to top Go down

Post  VapeMasterSupreme Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:32 pm

It shouldnt be contaminated at all, but if you wanna be safer than sorry. Maybe a syringe might help or maybe pouring it into another empty bottle or even a cup and sucking it out then. But yea the only good way to dry fire it is to have no liquid on the wick. Doesnt turning the volts down help out all with the taste? Maybe even knocking it down by .1 or .2 can make a big difference.

KCVO
VapeMasterSupreme
VapeMasterSupreme
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  HeliCloud Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:37 pm

No I tried turning it down some. I usually am around 10-11 watts and I have tried it every where from there down to about 7w and everywhere in between. Doesn't make much difference. I will take your advice and empty the juice into another cleaned out old bottle I think that is prolly best. I will then try and dry fire and clean the coils. If all else fails I will rebuild completely. I have just been hesitant to take it apart because it was working so well and this is my first good coil. Thanks so much for all of your help I will post back when I try some of your suggestions.

HeliCloud

Back to top Go down

Post  VapeMasterSupreme Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:40 pm

Same to you sir, hope all works out :-P
VapeMasterSupreme
VapeMasterSupreme
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  HeliCloud Sat May 04, 2013 3:48 pm

Hi vapemaster. Just wanted to post back that you were right about all the crud build up on the coil. I went ahead and tore it down for a good cleaning and built a new coil. Back to vaping like a champ with awesome flavor again cheers

When I unwrapped the old coil all kinds of crusty nasty funk fell off. Any idea what causes this and is it preventable? Or is it just the nature of the beast? I so love the genesis rba when it is working well. Thanks!

HeliCloud

Back to top Go down

Post  VapeMasterSupreme Sat May 04, 2013 4:08 pm

Its just the nature of the beast, all it is, is carbine build up and build up of crud burning from that hot coil. Its only natural!! You could just take the wick off the negative and positive, pulled the wick out and boiled it Wink
VapeMasterSupreme
VapeMasterSupreme
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  HeliCloud Sat May 04, 2013 4:32 pm

I figured I needed the practice building coils have only done a few. Also, I have like 100ft of 30g kanthal so good thier cyclops

HeliCloud

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down