Vape Dojo Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mr. Roboto 2.0 Gets hot

2 posters

Go down

Mr. Roboto 2.0 Gets hot Empty Mr. Roboto 2.0 Gets hot

Post  veloce1981 Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:36 pm

I've been using the Mr. Roboto 2.0 for about a month now. I've started to notice the bottom of the battery getting hot while I'm using it or after it has been plugged in for a while. Is this a sign that something is wrong? I did not notice it on my ego twist battery.

veloce1981

Back to top Go down

Mr. Roboto 2.0 Gets hot Empty Re: Mr. Roboto 2.0 Gets hot

Post  wbart Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:57 pm

How hot is hot, I am not asking for a temp but does it hurt to touch it or is it just warm, you might have a short in the charging port, Mine gets a little warm at the bottom when I use it but I would not call it hot.

If it is getting hot then I would recommend not using it until it can be checked by someone. The batteries that are contained inside are lithium based i believe and if they overheat they can rapidly discharge, vent acid or even explode.
wbart
wbart

Back to top Go down

Post  veloce1981 Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:59 pm

I guess not that hot now that you say something. It isn't so hot that I can't stand to hold it or feel like it is going to burn me. It is just different from the other batteries I've used and being new to the whole thing I was probably just being overly nervous.

veloce1981

Back to top Go down

Post  wbart Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:07 pm

It is basically getting warm because the port there is directly connected to the battery and circuitry that allow it to charge. I have had one battery that got so hot that I felt that it was a danger and it turned out a piece of wire had come loose inside. But it is one of those things that people do not think about and it is a good thing to be cautious and aware of.

Vape On man
wbart
wbart

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum