Kanger unitank mini - undesirable throat hits. Intended?

Go down

Kanger unitank mini - undesirable throat hits. Intended?

Post  Bawlz on Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:37 am

Hey guys, I just received my kanger unitank mini along with my SMOK variable volt battery with a bunch of juices I wanted to try out (i'm looking for a favorite juice at the moment).
I own an ego-c twist kit with the tank it came with. It vapes great, nothing is wrong with it. I was using 70/30 18mg nico berry berry flavor, purchased it from the local tobacco shop where I also got the ego-c twist(35 bucks). The flavor is great, puffs good smooth clouds. I can lung rip this thing untill the battery auto shuts off, it's great.

So I decided I would shop around for juices and decided I wanted to upgrade a bit since I wasn't crazy about the color I got the ego-c twist in. Picked up the kanger unitank mini with a great deal on the same style battery I was used to. Both in blue colors. Great, should be set for months now.

My problem is the kanger tank + new battery has poor vape production and a very muted taste, on top of that I get a sting in my throat. I have it at 3.2v and it's bearable.. but not enjoyable at all. I chalked it up to the juices, perhaps the quality juices at 18mg are stronger than the shop down the roads 18mg. Nope. Tried my berry berry flavor in my new rig and wow what the hell, harsh on my throat? I've been using that flavor for a month and a half now. Ended up draining my ego-c twist tank and cleaning it so that I could try one of the vapedojo flavors just to cross check again. Much better taste, great clouds. No throat hit.

Tried the SMOK (new) battery with the stock ego-c twist tank. Again, it throat hits. Ok, batteries won't be completely accurate in the voltage. It's probably fully charged and putting out more heat than it should at the moment. Fine. Did the switcharoo with the tanks and batteries, kanger still throat hitting with the ego twist. Figured I would try and see if the ego is giving off lower voltage. Still irritating my throat.

So I look online and experiment by taking out one of the flavor wicks off of the kanger unitank mini. (fuck that spring, sorry). Didn't help, now I just have a leaky tank that hardly produces clouds anymore. Sleep 

The juices are great, the package smelled heavenly and arrived quickly and well packaged. Nothing at all against dojo, this was my first order and i'm very pleased.

So basically my question is, are the kangers designed to have these hard throat hits? Do I now have a useless tank that will sit forever? Could I have possibly received a defected one?

I'm also already looking into getting one of those big tanks with the long wicks showing. Just looking for a simple build with full flavor and moderate vape production. Any suggestions? Thoughts?

Bawlz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Kanger unitank mini - undesirable throat hits. Intended?

Post  synntax33 on Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:02 am

As a thought, have you tried switching out the coils(heads) on the kanger? I have heard that a short could cause this, if the coil is touching the atomizer. Also, to clarify, the problem only appears on the tank, not the new battery?

synntax33

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bawlz on Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:15 am

So the past few days ive been researching non stop. Yes i ended up tossing the coil head and putting in one of the spares it came with. I've also realized that throat hit is not the word to describe what i was experiencing. Just meant the vape was giving me a harsh harsh throat sting that made me cough like a mfer.

I ordered a protank 2 mini that will probably be here tommorow. I also watched a ton of reviews and feel much more educated in all the different kinds of tanks and wicks. I ended up ordering 2 Ce8 clearos and 1 iclear 30S. Along with a 6 mg nico black cherry juice.

I think it is a mix between strong nico im not used to and the new carto tank that naturally gives less flavor.

Its been a learning experience and i think the end result wil be that im a clearomizer guy, ill experiment eith the mini protank 2 when it gets here, it has great reviewes. But i beleive its the clearos that will get me the flavor im used to. Itaste svd with thr iclear30s will most likely be my main rig soon. ( thr itaste sbd looks froggin sweet and has thr built on ohm meter)

Bawlz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bawlz on Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:17 am

Typing on my phone :/

Bawlz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  synntax33 on Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:18 am

I ordered a mini protank2 as well, waiting on it myself. I have been using a ce4 BCC, and I got alot better results with a cotton wick, the silica wick had a tendency to hurt my throat. Hope it all works out, let me know how that PT2Mini works Very Happy

synntax33

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Bawlz on Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:24 am

Hey, in case you check this thread again. I'm believing now it's the nico that's too high on the juice. I got my pro tank 2 mini but have only vaped scarcely untill my 6mg nico black cherry and my clearomizer come in tommorow for the real verdict. I like how the protank 2 mini feels, hopefully the new juice will fix this issue.

Bawlz

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down