Leakage Evod

Go down

Leakage Evod

Post  VAPEAPE on Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:35 pm

I bought a couple Evod starter kits that are on site here and after a day the only one I've started using is leaking A LOT out of the two tiny air intake holes in the chrome trim ring that separates the battery from the reservoir.as well I get juice thru the drip trip when inhaling. I am fairly certain it wasn't over filled, not down into the tube nor above the level of the tube. It's not that it's very low on juice either , but it is gurgling quite a bit. ANY IDEAS OR HELP would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

VAPEAPE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

This Might Help

Post  DevAuto on Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:03 am

My experience with ALL the Kanger tanks is that they suffer from leaking like this. I have 2 EVODs, and a Protank, and they have the same problem. I have been able to minimize the problem by cleaning the battery connector and the base of the tanks every time I fill them. It is MUCH more work than I want, but it does help. I am currently testing the Kanger ProTank 2, and so far I have not had the same problem, although I have only been using it for a day and a half, so we will have to see how it works out. Anyway, try the process I wrote below and see if it works for you.

Take a napkin and fold the corner over 2 or 3 times until it is thin enough to fit the gaps in the base, insert it, and wipe it down in a circular motion. Remove the napkin and repeat until the napkin comes out dry. Once the tank is wiped down, then repeat the process on the battery connector. In a pinch you can use toilet paper or kleenex, however it tends to leave fuzzy pieces behind that are sometimes hard to get back out. This should help with the leaking/gurgling problem, although it doesn't actually fix it, the problem will return. If you can roll the napkin into a VERY thin roll, you can also clean out the tube the same way, just be careful not to tear the napkin off inside the tube. I also recommend taking the entire thing apart once a week and cleaning it thoroughly, this will also help extend the life of the tank and keep the leaking at bay a little. You can also try changing the heads in the EVODs, this may also help, although my success was limited here. I ended up changing the heads about once every 10-14 days, which gets expensive quick, and it lasted a day or two before the leaking returned.

For me, this was really expensive and too much work, so I finally gave in and tried the iSmoka Mini BCCs. They worked like a champ, and I now have 6 of them with no leaking at all, EVER! I got my first iSmoka Mini BCC over 4 months ago, and I'm still using it today. The heads seem to last between 3-4 weeks the way I vape, so I call this a WIN.

I hope this helps, but your mileage may vary.

Good Luck!

DevAuto

View user profile http://electronicigz.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Leakage

Post  synntax33 on Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:58 am

I know this is a bit late, but I just started vaping after smoking for 18 years, and mine would leak every couple of hits it seemed like, gurgle, and make a mess.... I searched and did all the recommended checks for leaks, o-rings, flipping the grommet on the chimney, and so on. I discovered my problem was entirely different. I was pulling on it like a cigarette. I quit hitting it so hard and let the vaporizer do most of the work, and no problems since! Just sayin Very Happy

Still on my starter kit I bought a couple weeks ago, eGo 650 with a CE4 tank, same setup it seems as the evod, just not kanger. Atomizer is similar enough tho. Ordering a Smok 1300 Winder and protank mini soon.

synntax33

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Leakage Evod

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum