Vape Dojo Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

katana newb

+3
SaberToothVaper
Bryan
Inigo_Montoya
7 posters

Go down

katana newb Empty katana newb

Post  Inigo_Montoya Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:14 am

The Katana is my first try with vaping, ecigs, etc. So far so good. I'm glad I checked in with reddit to find you guys. Fast shipping, cool device, great price. I guess I have a few questions:

Are there any parts I need to keep an eye on to replace?

Do you have to clean anything regularly?

I bought a dojo tobacco flavor that I am currently using now, and I also bought a dojo vanilla flavor. Can I switch flavors once they are completely run out of the katana on the fly? Like I said, I'm a newb, I really have no idea if this is obvious. I don't have a problem using all the tobac flavor first, but when I want to try the vanilla, do I need to buy new wicks, etc.?

Thanks.

Inigo_Montoya

Back to top Go down

katana newb Empty Re: katana newb

Post  Bryan Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:58 pm

Awesome! We appreciate it.

The only part that needs replacing is the clearomizer. It should probably last you about a month.

As far as the vanilla and tobacco juices are concerned, you do not have to clean the tank. In fact, those two juices mixed should taste pretty good. Maybe try a half tank of tobacco and a half tank of vanilla for a vanilla-tobacco blend. :-)
Bryan
Bryan
Admin

http://vapedojo.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SaberToothVaper Tue May 14, 2013 5:36 am

I picked up a Katana Kit as a second new toy to help quit smoking coffin nails. I saw my Dad blowing blowing out a monster thunder cloud, that had me wanting that playfull side from smoking that I missed. I had a weak little cigg looking kit, that had to be refilled allday long. and the cloud size was based on lung power/time to draw the vapors. He gave me a VapeDojo business card and sent me to the Vape Dojo site, and today I'm now 16days free from tabacco!with out a desire to go back.
And Im now already wanting to customize my Katana before I grab a bigger battery to tune! But unsure of what the best compatable items to pick for the katana.. i did alot of reading threw the forums and reading threw all the reviews on the clearomizers/tanks before coming out to ask cause there really isnt much info out there on the limits of the Kustom Katana Kits.

So now i want to hear lots of input on the Katana Kit, for the next "new Katana owner" to find...
I even want to see PICs of your custom Katana!

- what ohms would be best used in the Vivi Nova on the Katana's 650 mAh battery... and can the nova skirt fit within the build still.
- what ohms is the head inside the CE4 clearomizer that comes in the Katana kit. (burns threw juice so fast imo)
- what tanks are not recomended (on the Katana battery..)
- what ohms would be best for cross mixing clearomizers/tanks/cartomizers (on the Katana battery)
- has anyone used cartomizers on the Katana battery.. ( what does that look like? lol)

@--/------- A flower for the lady vapper's out there.

SaberToothVaper
SaberToothVaper

Back to top Go down

Post  VapeMasterSupreme Tue May 14, 2013 10:11 am

Hello DarthVaper,

In regards to you`re questions the katana kit if pretty basic, the CE4 Tank it comes with is a one time use and throw away tank. The ohms inside those are 2.4 (+/-1).

1.8 ohms would give you alot warmer vape and a little bigger cloud because it burns alot faster than a 2.4 or 2.8 head would.

what tanks are not recomended (on the Katana battery..) ---- All of are tanks we have in stock right now are all compatible with the katana battery.

- what ohms would be best for cross mixing clearomizers/tanks/cartomizers (on the Katana battery)---- IMO... I like low Ohms just my preference I like the warmer vape off a 1.8 head, I say try them yourself and see how you like it... Plus there only $1.99 Razz

anyother questions, just send em away..... cheers
VapeMasterSupreme
VapeMasterSupreme
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  SaberToothVaper Wed May 15, 2013 4:42 am

so.. my family stopped by my house.. my auntie and little sister both bought my 2 spare Katana kits... i bought 3 so i could have 2 to swap between and 1 for a emergency replacment or a b-day gift maybe. i guess the katana is spreading faster then i thought.. i just got the kits... i didnt even finish threw the first battery cycle of my katana before they wanted my back ups lol...

Thanks for some clarity on the nova/katana ohms.. i like the warm hits too.. but ill get to try the other heads as well when my new shipment gets here..

I should avoid using the 2.8 on the katana right? untill i got a higher battery source?
SaberToothVaper
SaberToothVaper

Back to top Go down

Post  VapeMasterSupreme Wed May 15, 2013 12:19 pm

Yea 2.8 is alot higher of resistance, if you have a variable voltage device it would be fine.
VapeMasterSupreme
VapeMasterSupreme
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Vaporstance Thu May 16, 2013 6:45 am

Basics for ohms to volts.

The higher the ohms the higher your volts.

Variable voltage devices are great for those who vape many different ways - cartomizer - clearomizers - cartotanks - gennys(RBA's)

when using a low mah battery that puts out 3.7v or less, you will need to keep your ohms low to keep your vape "warm" as well as to keep your throat hit.

The katana that is sold by Dojo, is basically an ego with their logo. So it is a fairly low mah and volt device. So keep you ohms close to 1.8 for the vape that you're looking for...

refer to chart...

katana newb Ohn8o
Vaporstance
Vaporstance

http://www.bronsononson.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SaberToothVaper Fri May 17, 2013 3:27 am

thanks for the chart.. i saw it in the fourms the other day.. study and spaced on the thread name it was in..
SaberToothVaper
SaberToothVaper

Back to top Go down

Post  Vaporstance Fri May 17, 2013 3:56 am

Glad I could help
Vaporstance
Vaporstance

http://www.bronsononson.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SaberToothVaper Sat May 18, 2013 10:36 pm

i got my vivi nova's in the mail this morning. rebuilt it with the 1.8ohms head and put it on the Katana. its real warm smooth hits.. its only like 1/2 a inch longer then the clearomizer that came stock.. this is a great set up on the Katana.. very noticable difference from the 2.4ohms burn. now its time to shop for my next stile PV... king
SaberToothVaper
SaberToothVaper

Back to top Go down

Post  rhythmaddict Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:02 pm

So my questions is about the clearomizer.
If I wanted to start a new flavor would I have to get a new clearomizer altogether?
Or after I finish the flavor I'm on now in the tank, could I just fill the current tank up with a different flavor without worrying about the flavors mixing?

rhythmaddict

Back to top Go down

Post  wbart Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:48 pm

rhythmaddict wrote:So my questions is about the clearomizer.
If I wanted to start a new flavor would I have to get a new clearomizer altogether?
Or after I finish the flavor I'm on now in the tank, could I just fill the current tank up with a different flavor without worrying about the flavors mixing?

You do not have to get a new clearomizer, however if the two flavors do not mix well then I recommend at least rinsing your tank out and letting it dry. I let mine soak in everclear when I get a flavor that I do not want to mix

You will be able to taste a little bit of the old juice in the new but sometimes it is a good thing and the flavors will enhance so just experiment
wbart
wbart

Back to top Go down

Post  VapeMasterSupreme Thu Jun 06, 2013 6:20 pm

http://www.fuzionvapor.com/products/flavor-eraser/

Thanks me later, it works as described.... Pretty neat juice.
VapeMasterSupreme
VapeMasterSupreme
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  rhythmaddict Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:54 pm

One More issue. There is the center pin issue. Every time I'm using it it ends up getting pushed down and i have to bring it back up. I've tried all different ways of twisting clearomizer down, not fully twisting it down, whatever, no matter what happens it just pushes the center pin down and stops working after a certain amount of time and i have to constantly lift the center pin over and over again..

Is there any permanent fix for me not to have to worry about this issue anymore?

rhythmaddict

Back to top Go down

Post  VapeMasterSupreme Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:06 am

Sounds like you need a new #60 o-ring under the post to keep it raised up.
VapeMasterSupreme
VapeMasterSupreme
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  rhythmaddict Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:15 am

VapeMasterSupreme wrote:Sounds like you need a new #60 o-ring under the post to keep it raised up.
instructions and where i can get a #60 o-ring at?

rhythmaddict

Back to top Go down

Post  Bryan Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:25 pm

rhythmaddict wrote:One More issue. There is the center pin issue. Every time I'm using it it ends up getting pushed down and i have to bring it back up. I've tried all different ways of twisting clearomizer down, not fully twisting it down, whatever, no matter what happens it just pushes the center pin down and stops working after a certain amount of time and i have to constantly lift the center pin over and over again..

Is there any permanent fix for me not to have to worry about this issue anymore?

Check this video out. It may help. If it doesn't, please let us know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5Iilca7xyE
Bryan
Bryan
Admin

http://vapedojo.com

Back to top Go down

Post  wbart Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:49 pm

I will let you know that bryan did a great job fixing both my vamo and queen battery I attempted to fix my friends and failed miserably, I pulled on something that I should not have lol. Well you learn from your mistakes I guess.
wbart
wbart

Back to top Go down

Post  rhythmaddict Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:32 am

Now another new problem. The center pin is fine now but now it keeps gurgling and leaking. I understand this is a common problem with CE4 clearomizers, but i am experiencing leaking over and over again T___T. I do the fix that involves blowing out into the clearomizer into a tissue, and taking a paper towel and clearing out the battery of the e-liquid leakage as well as wiping up the bottom of the clearomizer yet i always get the same problem after i put it back together and take another 2-3 pulls. I need a fix for this other than, get a new clearomizer. T_____T.

rhythmaddict

Back to top Go down

Post  wbart Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:21 pm

I have noticed this as well with my c4's, the fact of the matter is unless you are willing to disassemble the entire device and replace all of the o-rings that have worn out you will have to just say that it is toast.  They are not designed to last forever.
wbart
wbart

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down